Saturday 3 March 2007

The verdict is finally out.
The long-awaited 'A' level results.. have finally been released.
My 2 yrs in junior college have not gone to waste.

2 yrs.
24 months.
730 days.
17520 hours.
1051200 minutes.
63072000 seconds.
Every bit of it is worth it.
My efforts have paid off.
My not-so-hard labour has borne fruit.
Nothing beats doing your loved ones proud.
Nothing.
I may not have done as well as the top students.
I may not have 9 distinctions.
Not 8.
Not 7.
Not 6.
Not 5.
Not 4.
Not 3.
Just 2.
But i'm happy with just 2.
And i'm happy to have obtained a B3 for GP.

Most importantly, i am glad to have done my parents proud, especially my mum.
Mum, i love you.
I really do, although i don't often show it.
I can never forget the happy faces of my parents when i broke the news that i had topped the class in Primary 1.
Never will i forget.
Since then, i haven't done anything to make them proud of me.
But this time, when i told my mum my grades over the phone, she wept.
Tears of joy.
I'm happy, knowing that these results can get me a good course.
I'm even more ecstatic because i have not disappointed my parents.

This is not the end.
I vow to study a course i'm interested in, settle down quickly & work hard.
Today, i make a vow to make my parents proud of me again in years to come.
I will make good my word.
The rest remains to be seen.

No comments: