Saturday 24 February 2007

Joshua (to my supervisor): Will there be double pay if we work on CNY day 1? (in hokkien)

Supervisor: No. (in hokkien)

Joshua: Don't have ah. I don't want to work then. (in hokkien)

Joshua (to me): Shawny shawny.. CNY day 1 no double pay.

Me: Huh.. then i don't wanna work.

Me (to my supervisor): Hello! I don't want to work on CNY day 1.

Supervisor (to Joshua): Wa lau. You don't want work then you ask people don't work also. (in hokkien)

Joshua & me: CNY day 1 is supposed to be our rest day. Initially, we chose to work because we thought that we would be paid double. No double pay we don't wanna work.

Supervisor: Wa lau. No double pay then don't work. (in hokkien)

Hahaha. Our supervisor must think of us as really practical. Anyway, i worked on CNY days 2 & 3. There was double pay! & there really wasn't much to do at work. Not many calls. In fact, i answered only 1 call the entire day (CNY day 2)! Real easy money. It almost seemed like i was paid to chat online, watch anime & have a mini picnic a work. Shiok!

I figured i could do with some extra cash & so i worked on CNY days 2 & 3 instead of going visiting. Red packets + fat pay = rich. Haha. It's so not that i hate my relatives. For my family, we do most of our visiting on CNY day 1. This yr, all my relatives on my mum's side came to my house. Before that, we went to visit my relatives on my dad's side. There weren't many places left to visit & so i went to work on the 2nd & 3rd days of CNY. Still, i found some time to visit my friends & colleagues.

Yesterday was truly an eventful day for me. Dined at Carnivore, Vivo City together with 2 of my colleagues, alvin & joshua. Buffet style. As suggested by the name of the restaurant, the place is known for it's meat, cooked Brazilian style. The meat there is great-tasting but i'd have liked a greater variety of meat. The buffet hours are from 11.30a.m - 3p.m. We lasted 3 hours (11.30a.m - 2.30p.m) & at the end of the eating session, we were sick of meat. Seriously.

Norbit almost made me puke out the contents of my buffet lunch. Haha i'm exaggerating. The movie was okay. I wanted to watch Just Follow Law but joshua caught that one already.

Beer drinking session at Brewerkz followed. The 3 of us had a very (x100) good night out. We drank a hell lot of beer & talked a lot. Beer can really make one pour out one's problems. We drank really fast at 1st & got 'high' real quickly. It was great fun laughing together. Fun it was, but i suffered from the ill effects of excessive drinking at a fast rate.

Why i should never get drunk again:
  1. I'll be unaware of the things going on around me & will utter nonsense
  2. I'll need someone to send me home
  3. I'll feel nauseous & have the urge to vomit on the cab home
  4. I'll struggle to keep my vomit in & upon stepping out of the vehicle, i'll vomit instantly
  5. I'll leave my sis stupefied.
  6. I'll be unable to sleep well as i'll experience a terrible feeling in my stomach
  7. I'll stick my fingers into my throat to make myself vomit
  8. I'll get a hangover

No comments: