Monday 15 January 2007

A good deal of our unhappiness as we grow older is caused by our pining for the "good old days" ---- those times when we enjoyed health, wealth, position, or power. But the things of this world don't last. They are vacillating, changeable, capricious. In time, they may be taken away from us and replaced with poverty, isolation, weakness, and pain. When we realise that this world and everything in it is unstable and unpredictable, we are left longing for something that lasts. What is left?

I miss all my friends. Suddenly, i've lost many friends to the army and i've lost contact with many others. There's no one to play with me anymore. I'm losing the life that was once mine. Work is taking up too much time. I haven't been exactly excited about work. Maybe because I'm used to partying outside all day long. A party animal, maybe? No longer.
I just had this thought. Army => University => Work
I haven't had enough fun. I haven't been able to go out on outings with friends i was once so close to. I feel so detached from TauHuay gang. I feel so bad rejecting Elroy time & again when i always want to be there but can't because of work. I no longer feel as close to the NPCC gang as well. The last get-together was at my house.. A memorable bbq & movie marathon. But Roy & Jun Wei are now in the army. These groups of friends are really the best i've known. It's really hard filling this void now. It's too late. I have to see out the remaining of my contract. There's just no turning back. I wish for Chinese New Year to come soon so i can have their company once more. Just like old times. FAMILY.
Life is mundane. Quit fooling around & be serious in my work? Bu yao......
Work has been tough on me. My customers are not helping. Many Singaporeans can be so unreasonable. Despite trying so hard to serve them well, they just pick on the slightest thing. I'm tired. Period.
Happy b'dae sis~! 20 years old now. Don't be so childish already yeah? Hahaha...

No comments: