Tuesday 19 June 2007

This morning, i woke up at nine ten, lay in bed, pondered on what my life would be without *you*. I could not imagine. Instead, i was left to reflect on the journey that i've been through with *you*. Let's go to the very beginning.

It was a Sunday. *You* met me for dinner at Swensen's, WhiteSands, after some carnival at your church. It was about seven in the evening when *you* arrived and i sat you down at a table in a corner. Ten minutes after taking our orders, the waitress came with our food, plus a small bouquet of roses.

"This is for you.." she said, as she handed you the flowers. Taken aback, your eyes wandered around, as if looking for the giver. Seated right in front of *you*, I said to you, "It's from me." And i asked *you* to be my girlfriend.

Even under the dim lighting, i saw *you* blush and *you* flashed a smile so wide it could enter the Guiness' Book of Records. And then *you* nodded. Nothing meant more to me than that assurance.

There is no beauty as striking as yours, no words as truthful as yours, no feelings as stimulating as yours, no protection as dependable as yours, no gifts as precious as yours, no stability as sturdy as yours, no strength as reliable as yours, no love as enduring as yours.

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that i can do, any love i can show, any happiness i can give you, let me do it now and not defer it. For i shall not pass this way again.

My love for *you* cannot be measured, contained, explained, understood, or compared. It must just be accepted for what it is ...... the purest, truest love you will ever know.

After looking at how it all began, i can only be sure about one thing. The ending will be a 'happily ever after' ending. But let's not skip to that part. I want to treasure every moment spent with you.




2 comments:

calanthea said...

hahah.so sweet!
upon reading it i can melt,what more mich in person.
all the best to you two!




mich's friend,
cal.

*ShAwnY said...

Thanks a million for your blessings! :)